Ross and Claire McGauchie
Terrick West is situated on the plains of Northern Victoria in mixed cropping and grazing country of the Loddon Valley. It is about 65kms north of Bendigo, 65 kms west of Echuca and 65kms south of Kerang.
The Terrick West Stud was founded by Edgar McGauchie and his sons Cyril and Eric in 1932 and has been actively breeding and selling rams ever since.
Terrick West is owned by Donald & Elizabeth and Ross & Robyn McGauchie with Ross and Robyn, together with their daughter Claire, managing the day to day breeding and classing of the stud.
Terrick West Stud joins 1000 stud ewes and 1200 commercial ewes and crops 800 hectares annually. The sheep are run on dry lucerne, irrigated lucerne, sub and rye pasture and cereal stubbles.
The hundred year’s rainfall average is 400mm.